Five Keys to Sogeti Success with Landen Hunter
Landen Hunter, a senior consultant in our Digital Manufacturing practice, discusses the keys to career success at Sogeti
Name: Landen Hunter
Role: Senior Consultant
Practice: Digital Manufacturing
Joined Sogeti: 2014
As a consultant in the Digital Manufacturing practice at Sogeti, my job is to work with business users and development teams to create solutions that that fix problems for the client. That’s it. And I love what I do. I've worked in a bunch of different roles, and there's something you can learn from each one. There are a few things that you can do to make sure you are able to achieve your dreams and goals for your career:
- In any job, communication is key. Even if you're in a technical role, it’s entirely possible that you're going to be reporting to managers who might not have the same level of technical experience as you. It's important to be able to communicate within the team and with the client as well. It’s important that you can communicate to them in a way that is on their level and that they can understand. Good communication skills are crucial to success.
- A self-starter attitude can take you far in any career field. You must be proactive. At Sogeti, everyone's kind of spread out at different clients doing their own day-to-day projects. At times, you might be the only Sogetian on a particular project. Taking the initiative, whether that be with trainings or proactively looking for more projects to work on, that is important.
- Having basic IT knowledge is also important, whether that's software development life cycle, programming languages, IT tools, or different kinds of applications. You must have some level of technical knowledge or experience. That doesn't mean that you need to be an expert programmer to succeed at Sogeti. That's definitely not the case. But having general IT knowledge is a good foundation on which you can build your expertise.
- You need to have the ability to troubleshoot. Even if you’re not the most technical person in the world, problem-solving skills can take you a long way. You can search on the internet or reach out to other consultants. Whatever it takes to get the job done. That has really helped me. No matter what the problem is, whatever the situation is, approaching it with a troubleshooting mindset helps to make sure that you can get the job done.
- Come to work every day with a good attitude. In consulting, we meet with a lot of clients, and we need to maintain positive relationships with those clients. Coming to work every day with a good attitude, working hard in the office, and having a smile on your face – those are simple things that can go a long way to earning (and keeping) your client’s trust.
If you want to have a successful career, Sogeti is a place that will provide you with a great support system to make that happen. As long as you are willing to put in the work, you will find success at Sogeti.
- Landen HunterConsultant
Landen Hunter, a senior consultant in our Digital Manufacturing practice, graduated from the University of Dayton with a degree in Management Information Systems and a minor in Business Intelligence. Landen has been at Sogeti since 2014 and has held several different roles including UI developer and implementation expert. He has a passion for Product Life Management and is currently working as a business analyst at one of Sogeti’s Cincinnati units. Born and raised in Cincinnati, Landen likes to spend his time outside of work playing and watching sports, hanging out with friends, going to the movies, and running.