World Quality Report 2018/19
Quality and its perception can either assemble armies of fans and followers or send you back to the drawing board. But just how correlated is quality assurance and customer experience?
In its 10th edition, the report confirms a fundamental shift in business expectations with quality and its impact on customer experience. Demands for quality at speed and shift-left have placed the onus of ensuring end-user satisfaction on quality assurance teams. A sizable majority of 1700 respondents across 10 sectors and from 32 countries have confirmed this.
With customer experience ambitions set for QA teams, the adoption of artificial intelligence and automation to optimize software testing is inevitable. We believe this transformation will dramatically alter the QA and testing skills landscape. New roles like AI QA strategists, Data scientists, and AI test experts will be introduced within QA teams.
World Quality Report 2018-19 Findings:
- The first time ever that “end-user satisfaction” is the top objective of quality assurance and software testing strategy
- Low levels of automation and challenges with test data and environments holding back quality assurance and software testing efficiencies
- The skills required for quality assurance and software testing have changed
World Quality Report 2018-19: Key Recommendations
- Increase the level of basic and smart test automation but do so in a smart, phased manner
- Implement a non-siloed approach for test environment and data provisioning
- Build quality engineering skills beyond software development engineers in test (SDETs)
- Improve tracking to optimize quality assurance and software testing spends
- Develop a testing approach for artificial intelligence solutions now
To download the report please fill out the following form:
- Kelly MaroneyMarketing Director at Sogeti
Kelly MaroneyMarketing Director at Sogeti
Kelly Maroney leads the marketing team for Sogeti USA. She joined Sogeti in 2008 and manages branding, marketing strategy, customer communications and sales programs. Born and raised in Dayton, OH, she is happy to continue her professional career in the area, working out of Sogeti’s US corporate headquarters.
Kelly has a Bachelor of Science in Business from Miami University in Oxford, OH and a MBA from Wright State University in Dayton, OH.