Summer of Service 2019
Sogeti’s Summer of Service will run from May 27, 2019 – September 30, 2019.
Summer of Service
Sogeti’s Summer of Service is a program that encourages Sogetians to give back—and enjoy some friendly competition in the process. Units work with local charities while competing against other units to win money for the organizations they support.
Why is this important to Sogeti and our business?
- Creates pride and teamwork with employees
- Demonstrates Sogeti’s passion and heart for helping others
- Contributes to the wellbeing of our local communities
- Green initiatives can lower costs and increase operational efficiency
- Community involvement expands Sogeti’s branding and recognition
How will we promote our CSR activities?
- Website—posted on the Sogeti Gives Back section of the Sogeti US page.
- Blog posts—during Summer of Service, we will be featuring the summer of service activities of a different unit on a new blog on our page. If you have a service act or charitable organization that would be a great feature for the blog, get in contact with your unit SOS coordinator.
- Sogeti USA’s national social media sites—Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube using the hashtags: #SogetiGivesBack, #SOS2019
- Sogeti Snapshot communications
- PR—Marketing will help coordinate with your local publications, if appropriate. In fact, send an email to Sogetimarketing@us.sogeti.com if you plan to complete a unique/large act of service. The marketing team can help generate excitement/awareness with the press BEFORE your event—possibly having reporters there during your act of service.
How to Enter
Selecting an organization
Over the years, Sogeti has supported more than 200 organizations (view the full list here). If your unit chooses to support an organization that is listed on this spreadsheet, no pre-approval is needed.
If your unit would like to support a NEW organization, please send the Sogeti Marketing Team a link to the charity’s website and a W9 for pre-approval. Also keep the following criteria in mind:
- Sogeti encourages employees to give back to the organizations that mean the most to their community. That said, Sogeti as an organization cannot support charities with politically-charged, controversial, or religious messages/missions.
- If you would like to support an organization with a religious tie, please note that the CSR activity cannot be related to promoting the religious message. (e.g. You may support St. Vincent’s homeless shelter by serving a meal or sponsoring a clothing drive but NOT by teaching Sunday school or making a donation directly to the church.)
- If you do not get pre-approval for a new organization, please note that it is possible that your CSR activities may not be entered into the Summer of Service contest.
Entering the contest
- Work with your local unit to organize a team (minimum of five Sogeti participants) and plan a CSR activity. Types of activities include:
- Giving food and materials (e.g. food drives for a local food bank, collecting school supplies for underprivileged children)
- Giving money (e.g. sponsoring a charity event, organizing a fund raiser)
- Giving time (e.g. mentoring students, highway clean-up initiatives)
- Giving IT expertise (e.g. helping a charity create a website or mobile app, mentoring students about IT)
- Going green (e.g. planting trees, creating a car-pool program)
How to Win
There are multiple prizes up for grabs during Summer of Service:
- Two grand prizes
- Two random drawings
- Four monthly prizes
Two grand-prize winners will be selected at the end of the contest based on creativity, participation, and results. One winner from EACH of the following categories will be chosen:
- Providing technology expertise—all activities in which teams leverage Sogeti’s IT expertise to help a charity will be eligible. Judges’ Favorite in this category will win $1,500 for their charity.
- Giving time, money, food or materials—all activities in which teams donate their time, money, food, or materials to help a charity will be eligible. Judges’ Favorite in this category will win $1,000 for their charity.
In addition, two winners will also be chosen by random drawing at the end of the competition to receive $250 each for their charity—this winner may be from any category. For every act of service completed, teams will receive an “entry” into this random drawing—so the more acts of service you complete, the more chances you can win.
We will also select a favorite act of service each month (June, July, August, and September). This act of service will receive $250 for their charity. These can be any acts of giving back from any category.
Tips to be selected as a “Judges’ Favorite”:
- Take pictures! Post pictures of your unit completing acts of service with your charity wearing your Summer of Service shirts and tag Sogeti USA’s Facebook, Twitter (@Sogeti_USA), and Instagram (@sogeti_usa) accounts. Include details of the act, the name of the charity, your results, and our hashtags: #SogetiGivesBack and #SOS2019. Hint: The better the pics, the more likely they are to be selected for sharing on our social media sites. For tips on taking winning photos, check out our photo tips. (Please note that posts must be approved by the Marketing team in order to be featured on our social media. If you have any questions on posting, feel free to contact Avainte Saunders.)
- Do something BIG—get a large percentage of your unit involved and include measurable results.
- Provide detailed information on your act of service and specific details on the impact of your act of service (actual dollars raised, actual items donated, etc.). The details you provide on your submission form will help us understand the scope of your act of service, so make sure you tell us exactly how you’re helping your charity.
- Partner with a client for your activities.
- Send us the thank you letters you receive from the charity or get a brief statement/quote from the charity on the impact of your act of service.
- Work with the Marketing team to have your activity covered by local press. (Please contact Marketing BEFORE your event if you believe your activity is something that the local press would be interested in covering. Marketing will help pitch the story and try to get reporters to cover your story. For a journalist to be interested in covering a story it must be newsworthy—meaning it should be unique/creative, have an interesting perspective, or impressive results.)
- Get creative—complete an act of service that’s different and unique.
- Partner with Capgemini—Capgemini has offices in some of the same cities as Sogeti including Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, New York, and Phoenix, giving you a chance to team up for an act of service. In addition, on September 13 Capgemini’s CARES Day provides another opportunity for you to partner with Capgemini in their CSR activities. For more information about how you can work with Capgemini on your Summer of Service activity, please contact Marketing.
You have the opportunity to win more than once!
If your act of service wins a monthly prize, you are still eligible to win ANOTHER monthly prize OR have it be selected as one of the grand prize winners. In short, the best acts of service will win—and possibly more than once.
Here’s an example:
- In June, Unit A completes an act of service volunteering a great amount of their time while leveraging their IT expertise. As a result, Unit A is selected as our monthly winner based on their creativity, participation, and results—winning $250 for their charity.
- In July, Unit A completes a different act of service—also with incredible creativity, participation, and results. With this, they are selected again as the July winner—winning $250 for this charity.
- In August, Unit B is selected as our monthly winner based on their creativity, participation, and results—winning $250 for their charity.
- In September, Unit C participates in an act of service with Capgemini—winning $250 for this charity because they partnered with Capgemini.
- At the end of the program, the following winners are selected:
- Unit A is selected as our winner in the category for leveraging their IT expertise—winning AN ADDITIONAL $1,500 for their charity.
- Unit C is selected as the winner for donating time, food, materials, or money—winning AN ADDITIONAL $1,000 for their charity.
- Unit C completed several acts of service; one of them was selected from a random drawing—winning $250 for that charity.
- Unit D completed several acts of service, and one was selected from a random drawing—winning $250 for that charity.
Our unit has CSR activities planned outside the dates for Summer of Service. Can they still be counted in this contest?
Unfortunately, no. Only CSR activities completed May 28th through September 30th are eligible for the Summer of Service contest. However, if you do complete an act of service outside of these dates, we would still like to share your story, so send us your details and pictures.
How many charities should my unit support?
It is up to your unit how many charities and CSR activities you’d like to support—there is no limit. Work with your GVP or nominate someone in your unit to help coordinate your efforts.
Does my individual charity work count towards Summer of Service?
While we always want to support individuals giving back to their community, the Summer of Service is meant to be a time of giving and a time for team building. We ask that a minimum of five people from the unit be involved in Summer of Service activities and that the volunteer work be done on behalf of Sogeti rather than on a more personal level.
What is the best way to share photos with the Marketing team?
The easiest way to share photos—especially if sharing many photos—is to upload them to OneDrive and share the link with Marketing. If you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out to Avainte Saunders.
Who are the judges?
There will be a panel of judges from the corporate office.
Can units work together to support a charity?
Yes. Each unit will be recognized for joint efforts, and charities earn entries for each unit that supports it.
After each activity of service is complete, fill out this form and post your pictures to our Facebook page. Please remember:
- Only activities with a submitted entry form will be eligible for winning the Summer of Service contest.
- Only CSR activities completed between May 27th and September 30th are eligible.
- Only activities with a minimum of five participating Sogetians are eligible.