Summer of Service 2018
Sogeti’s Summer of Service will run from May 28, 2018 – September 3, 2018 (Memorial Day – Labor Day).
Summer of Service
Sogeti’s Summer of Service is a program that encourages Sogetians to give back—and enjoy some friendly competition in the process. Units work with local charities while competing against other units to win money for the organizations they support.
Why is this important to Sogeti and our business?
- Creates pride and teamwork with employees
- Demonstrates Sogeti’s passion and heart for helping others
- Expands Sogeti’s branding and recognition
How will we promote our CSR activities?
- Website—posted on the Sogeti USA CSR page
- Sogeti USA’s national social media sites—Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Sogeti Snapshot communications
- PR—Marketing will help coordinate with your local publications if appropriate. In fact, send an email to Sogetimarketing@us.sogeti.com if you plan to complete a unique/large act of service. The marketing team can help generate excitement/awareness with the press BEFORE your event—possibly having reporters there during your act of service.
How to Win
There are multiple ways of winning our 2018 Summer of Service:
- Three grand-prize winners
- One random drawing winner
- Three monthly winners
Three grand-prize winners will be selected at the end of the contest based on creativity, participation, and results. One winner from EACH of the following categories will be chosen:
- Giving time—all activities in which teams donate their time to helping a charity will be eligible. Judges’ Favorite in this category will win $1,000 for their charity.
- Donating food, materials, or money—all activities in which teams collect items or cash for a charitable organization will be eligible. Judges’ Favorite in this category will win $1,000 for their charity.
- Providing technology expertise—all activities in which teams leverage Sogeti’s IT expertise to help a charity will be eligible. Judges’ Favorite in this category will win $1,000 for their charity.
In addition, one winner will also be chosen by random drawing at the end of the competition to receive $250 for their charity—this winner may be from any category. For every act of service completed, teams will receive an “entry” into this random drawing—so the more acts of service you complete, the more chances you have to win.
We will also select a favorite act of service each month (June, July, and August). This act of service will receive $250 for their charity. These can be any acts of giving back from any category.
Tips to be selected as a “Judges’ Favorite”:
- Take pictures! Post pictures of your unit completing acts of service with your charity wearing your Summer of Service shirts on Sogeti USA’s social sites—Facebook, Twitter (@Sogeti_USA), and Instagram (@sogeti_usa). Include details of the act, the name of the charity, your results, and #SogetiGivesBack. (Please note all posts on FB are monitored and not all posts will be shared.)
- Do something BIG—get a large percentage of your unit involved and include measurable results.
- Partner with a client for your activities.
- Send us the thank you letters you receive from the charity.
- Work with the Sogeti Marketing team to have your activity covered by local press. (Please contact Marketing BEFORE your event if you believe your activity is something that the local press would be interested in covering. Marketing will help pitch the story and try to get reporters to cover your story. In order for a journalist to possibly cover the story, your act of service should be unique/creative, have an interesting spin, or impressive results.)
- Get creative—complete an act of service that’s different and unique.
- Partner with Capgemini—Capgemini has offices in some of the same cities at Sogeti including Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, New York, and Phoenix, giving you a chance to team together. In addition, Capgemini is focusing on specific charities. If your unit isn’t sure what organization to support, you can consider helping one from their list: Best Friends Animal Society, Boys and Girls Club, Family Promise, Feeding America, Junior Achievement (USA & Canada), Keep America Beautiful, Rebuilding Together, and Ronald McDonald House Charities (USA & Canada). For more information about how you can work with Capgemini on your Summer of Service activity, please contact Kelly Maroney.
You have the opportunity to win more than once!
If your act of service wins a monthly prize, you are still eligible to win ANOTHER monthly prize OR have it be selected as one of the grand prize winners. In short, the best acts of service will win—and possibly more than once.
Here’s an example:
- In June, Unit A completes an act of service volunteering a great amount of their time while leveraging their IT expertise. As a result, Unit A is selected as our monthly winner based on their creativity, participation, and results—winning $250 for their charity.
- In July, Unit A completes a different act of service—also with incredible creativity, participation, and results. With this, they are selected again as the July winner—winning $250 for this charity.
- In August, Unit B is selected as our monthly winner based on their creativity, participation, and results—winning $250 for their charity.
- At the end of the program, the following winners are selected:
- Unit A is selected as our winner in the categories for giving time AND for leveraging IT expertise—winning AN ADDITIONAL $2,000 for their charity.
- Unit C is selected as the winner for donating food, materials, or money—winning $1,000 for their charity.
- Unit B completed several acts of service; one of them was selected from a random drawing—winning $250 for that charity.
How to Enter
Selecting an organization
Over the years, Sogeti has supported more than 200 organizations (view the full list here). If your unit chooses to support an organization that is listed on this spreadsheet, no pre-approval is needed.
If your unit would like to support a NEW organization, please send the Sogeti Marketing Team a link to the charity’s website and a W9 for pre-approval. Also keep the following criteria in mind:
- Sogeti encourages employees to give back to the organizations that mean the most to their community. That said, Sogeti as an organization cannot support charities with politically-charged, controversial, or religious messages/missions.
- If you would like to support an organization with a religious tie, please note that the CSR activity cannot be related to promoting the religious message. (e.g. You may support St. Vincent’s homeless shelter by serving a meal or sponsoring a clothing drive but NOT by teaching Sunday school or making a donation directly to the church.)
- If you do not get pre-approval for a new organization, please note that it is possible that your CSR activities may not be entered into the Summer of Service contest.
Entering the contest
- Work with your local unit to organize a team (minimum of five Sogeti participants) and plan a CSR activity. Types of activities include:
- Giving food and materials (e.g. food drives for a local food bank, collecting school supplies for underprivileged children)
- Giving money (e.g. sponsoring a charity event, organizing a fund raiser)
- Giving time (e.g. mentoring students, highway clean-up initiatives)
- Giving IT expertise (e.g. helping a charity create a website or mobile app, mentoring students about IT)
- Going green (e.g. planting trees, creating a car-pool program)
Our unit has CSR activities planned outside the dates for Summer of Service. Can they still be counted in this contest?
Unfortunately, no. Only CSR activities completed May 28th through September 3th are eligible for the Summer of Service contest. However, if you do complete an act of service outside of these dates, we would still like to share your story, so send us your details and pictures.
How many charities should my unit support?
It is up to your unit how many charities and CSR activities you’d like to support—there is no limit. Work with your GVP or nominate someone in your unit to help coordinate your efforts.
Does my individual charity work count towards Summer of Service?
While we always want to support individuals giving back to their community, the Summer of Service is meant to be a time of giving and a time for team building. We ask that a minimum of five people from the unit be involved in Summer of Service activities and that the volunteer work be done on behalf of Sogeti rather than on a more personal level.
Who are the judges?
There will be a panel of judges from the corporate office.
Can units work together to support a charity?
Yes. Each unit will be recognized for joint efforts, and charities earn entries for each unit that supports it.
After each activity of service is complete, fill out this form and post your pictures to our Facebook page. Please remember:
- Only activities with a submitted entry form will be eligible for winning the Summer of Service contest.
- Only CSR activities completed between May 28th and September 3rd are eligible.
- Only activities with a minimum of five participating Sogetians are eligible.