Azure Dev Day
Sogeti would like to invite you to Azure Dev Day on Thursday, April 16th!
Azure Dev Day is a free, interactive customer workshop hosted by Microsoft and implementation partner Sogeti, Part of Capgemini.
During the event, customers engage in workshop, white-board design sessions, and hands-on labs. Customers will learn about Azure developer services and latest industry trends from Azure Application Development experts.
- Introduction to Azure Developer Services
- Azure App Services
- Serverless Computing
- Microservices & Containers
- Azure DevOps and GitHub
- Hands-On Labs
David Beaudreau, Azure Practice VP for Sogeti US
David has delivered key initiatives across the Microsoft line of products and technologies to Capgemini clients for over 15 years. As the Microsoft Azure service leader for Sogeti, he’s worked across multiple verticals including retail, healthcare, life sciences, finance, entertainment and others, helping clients implement Azure technologies to realize speed to business value through effective innovation.
Brian Spann, Azure Application Development Specialist, Microsoft State & Local Government
Brian is an Azure Application Development Specialist with Microsoft's State and Local Government team. Brian has over 23 years of computing industry experience, of which 15 years of experience in the regulated industries. He joined Microsoft in 2006 as a consultant in the Microsoft Consulting Services business working with large agencies to help them understand how to improve their development practices in Azure so they can take advantage of the new possibilities the cloud offers.
Attendees must setup prior to event.
- Azure Subscription. If you do not have one, you can sign up for a free Azure account here.
- You will need to connect to the Internet. Wireless access will be provided at the venue.
- You may be required to install binaries and/or tunnel out to the Lab Environments. Many attendees have been able to use their agency issued laptops by turning off any VPN connections. Alternately, attendees have brought personal laptops to get around any security restrictions on agency assets.
The Azure Dev Days Workshop includes a variety of Hands On Labs for attendees. These will vary from Introductory to Advanced Level exercises. Attendees will be able to choose the labs appropriate for their skill/comfort level. A few Quick Starts will require a few tools to be installed on your computer.
Please have these installed and setup prior to attending the workshop. Attendees will not have time allocated for installation and setup. Many of the steps in the Hands On Labs can be performed in the Azure Portal from the browser. However, a few labs require supporting tools.
- .NET Core with SQL DB HOL
- .NET with SQL DB HOL
- Install Visual Studio 2019 and ensure that the Azure Development workload is also installed
- js with MongoDB HOL
Logic Apps HOL:
- An Office 365 Outlook, com, or Gmail account for sending email alerts
- An active Twitter Account for Logic App Triggers
Azure Functions HOL:
- Install Visual Studio 2019 and ensure the Azure development workload is also installed
- Install the latest Azure Functions tools.
Microservices & Containers HOL:
- Install the Service Fabric Mesh CLI
- Matthew AldrichSenior Manager, FLEO Region
Matthew AldrichSenior Manager, FLEO Region