World Quality Report 2015-2016
Technology disruptions such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data and mobility are leading to faster business transformations than ever before. Companies have to pivot quickly in order to stay ahead of the curve, compete and conform to the new style of business.
This year’s World Quality Report highlights how quickly IT leaders are responding to these mega trends that are rapidly changing our industry and the steps they are taking to keep pace with the demands of their users without compromising application quality and user experience.
World Quality Report 2015-16, jointly published by Sogeti, Capgemini and HPE, shows businesses are struggling with speed of technological change. The speed of digital transformation and short life-cycles of device and services is increasing the importance and pressure on quality assurance testing. Additional conclusions highlights that a seamless customer experience is a key driver for QA testing, the shorter lifecycles demand greater agility and new roles are being created to meet testing demand.
Watch the video about the content in the World Quality Report
Sorry, this content can only be visible if Functional Cookies are accepted. Please go to the Cookie Settings and change your preferences.
The World Quality Report, which this year interviewed 1,560 respondents from 32 countries, is the only global report for application quality. It has been produced annually since 2009. Now in its 7th edition, the 2015 report adopted a hybrid methodology of data collection using both computer aided telephone interviews and computer aided web interviews. Based on analysis of five respondent groups: CIO, VP Application, IT Director, QA/Testing Manager and CDO/CMO, the report surveyed respondents from across the globe through quantitative interviews followed by qualitative deep-dive discussions.
- The impact of IT quality on the end-user experience is a driving force for today’s digital transformation initiatives.
- QA and Testing budgets have increased 9% year-on-year.
- Enterprises are widely embracing agile and Development and Operations (DevOps) methodology.
- Shorter program and application lifecycles are creating increased demand for testing hardware and infrastructure.
Key recommendations from this year’s report:
- Refocus QA and Testing on customer experience and business assurance.
- Transform the traditional Test Center of Excellence (TCOE) using agile and DevOps practices.
- Make continuous and automated security testing a key strategy.
- Prioritize testing with predictive analytics and continuous feedback.
- Expand testing teams’ skills beyond manual and test automation.
Download the region-specific analysis here:
- Australia & New Zealand
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East
- Nordic Region
- North America
- United Kingdom
Click here to read the Press Release: World Quality Report 2015 shows businesses are struggling with speed of technological change